Check Engine Light On?
We’ll check your codes and fix it right the first time!
At AAMCO Bay Area our auto repair and service specialists are the experts at reading check engine light codes and giving your car an accurate diagnosis. So when your check engine light is on or flashing, make sure you contact your local AAMCO Bay Area immediately and know that your car will receive the best care, all at the right price!
Our expertise in vehicle diagnostics means we can quickly pinpoint what is causing your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT to come on and we will recommend only what needs repair. Fixed right on the first visit, every time!
A Check Engine Light Indicates a Problem With Your Car
Check engine lights are often the first warning sign of a car problem.
Check engine lights have been included on all cars made in the USA since 1996, this light is part of the computer system within your car that is constantly checking for problems.
What Are Check Engine Light Codes?
There are hundreds of codes that could trigger your CHECK ENGINE LIGHT. Even the most common reasons can have many possible causes. Some top CHECK ENGINE LIGHT codes are:
- Problem with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor or circuit.
- System Running Too Lean. An oxygen sensor detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust)
- System Running Too Rich: The oxygen sensor detected a rich condition (or a too-high fuel to oxygen ratio)
- Cylinder misfire: A P0300 series of codes indicates a random or multiple misfire in your engine.
- Knock Sensor Circuit Malfunction: Your vehicle’s computer constantly adjusts and retimes the engine so that it doesn’t produce harmful pre-ignition detonation or knock.
- Insufficient Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow
- Catalyst System Efficiency below threshold
These are just a few of the hundreds of codes, causes and symptoms. Each has multiple fixes. Luckily, the experts at AAMCO Bay Area are pros when it comes to reading these codes and getting your car back on the road fast.